Are your kitchen cabinets old and tired? Are you sick of seeing all those smudge marks and other imperfections? After a while, your kitchen cabinets can start to see signs of wear and tear from all that daily use. It makes you want to rip out all your cabinets and restore your kitchen. However, the situation may not be that drastic. In fact, you may be able to restore your kitchen cabinets by making small updates here and there. It is important to remember that your cabinets are a focal point in your kitchen, so you’ll want to take subtle measures – not drastic ones – to make your cabinets beautiful again. Here are five easy ways to spruce up tired old kitchen cabinets.
- Repaint. One of the best ways to spruce up your cabinets is to completely repaint them. That’s right – all you have to do is put a coat of paint on your cabinets and your entire kitchen will look like it was redone. You could even paint your cabinets a different color to give your kitchen a more dynamic look.
- Strip. You may also want to strip your cabinets of the previous coat of paint. If you have wooden cabinets, you may want to strip down to the original wood. You can do this through a process of paint thinning and sanding. With a little effort, you will start to see the wood underneath. There is a good chance that the wood will be a little raw, so you will need to stain the wood to match the aesthetic of your kitchen. When you are done, you will be surprised by the result.
- Remove. Another option – albeit a bold option – is to completely remove the doors of your cabinets. Many people are opting for an open cabinet look. Of course, you may have to update some of your dinnerware, but there is a good chance that opening your cabinets will also make your kitchen look more open and inviting. This option isn’t for everyone, but in some kitchens – especially more modern kitchens – it can work really well.
- Refinish. There is also the option of refinishing your kitchen cabinets. To refinish your cabinets, you may want to consult with a company like Kitchen & Bath Factory to discuss some of your options. A specialist will usually show you a number of options that could work in your kitchen. After you choose a look and feel, a team of people will remove elements of your old cabinets and refinish them. This is a great way to revolutionize the look of your cabinets.
- Replace. There is also the option of completely replacing your cabinets and going for something new. Of course, this option may not fit everyone’s budget, but it can offer a completely fresh look and feel. If your cabinets are particularly old-fashioned, you may want to make this plunge. In the end, any investment you make in your kitchen will be a good investment, especially if the investment is focused toward beautification.