Choosing a paint color for your bedroom can be a difficult choice. There are so many different colors, textures and shades of paint that the selection and planning process can be quite overwhelming and even daunting to most homeowners. Instead of feeling stressed, consider these tips to help you choose the right paint for your bedroom.
- One of the biggest factors that influences paint color is the size of the room. Very often, large rooms can handle a deeper, darker color, while small rooms work best with light, soft colors. Dark colors can make tiny rooms look even smaller and darker. Therefore, light colors expand the look of the room and make it appear considerably larger and more airy for an open effect. Dark colors work best in a large room to help it feel rich and less overwhelming.
- Your bedroom’s overall color scheme will help you choose colors next. Think about the colors in your bedding and linens, the colors of your furniture as well as any artwork you plan to hang in this space. Coordinating colors will help to tie the room together for a planned and cohesive feel that look professional and well thought out.
- Lighting and windows will also influence paint selections. If your room receives a lot of light from outside or from indoor floor or ceiling lighting, you can likely lean toward a darker shade of paint. Conversely, if the room lacks natural or artificial light, stick with lighter colors that will brighten the space and ensure that it doesn’t feel closed in or claustrophobic.
- Choose soothing colors. Since this is your bedroom, you will want to choose colors that promote a calm and relaxing feel. Loud, bright colors can seem out of place and may make it hard for you to rest in your own bedroom. Look for colors like blues, greens, and yellows or even neutral shades to help keep this space serene and calm.
- Work with the pros. You don’t need to do this all on your own. There are people out there whose job it is to guide homeowners in selecting the right brand, colors and paint for their rooms. Professionals from Rocky Top Painting or a local paint store will help you to choose the right paint colors and paint types to suit your style and your needs perfectly so that you can relax and avoid stressing over figuring it out all by yourself.
Before choosing a new paint color for your home bedroom, it is very helpful to consider many factors such as the size of your room, your bedroom linens and furniture, lighting and windows, and more. Also be sure to look for soothing, calming colors when you shop for your paint color. It is best to work with a professional who can guide you through the process, answer questions, and inspire you with ideas. Keeping these items in mind will help keep the process simple and smooth so that you can start painting and giving your bedroom and much needed facelift!