Your backyard should be an outdoor extension of your home. You want it to be comfortable, beautiful and easy to maintain. Unfortunately, many big projects in a yard can get really costly. If you keep backyard projects small, however, you can make a huge difference while still sticking to a budget. Here are 5 budget-friendly backyard transformation tips every homeowner should consider.
- Mulch and clean up garden beds. After the harsh winter, your garden beds may be looking pretty mangy. Instead of living with boring, unkempt beds, give them new life! Be sure to remove weeds, clear away sticks and leaves and start fresh. Then, you can buy new mulch to add color and structure to these beds. consider lining them with small rocks to give them a more defined, maintained look. This simply requires some time, labor, mulch and rocks for a look that will make your garden look a million times better!
- Reset your patio. Over time patios may become uneven, cracked, or unfinished, and missing pavers or stones. Take the time to re-level the patios area and reset the materials you have. This helps make your yard a safer place to spend time while also giving it a fresh, brand new look that will enhance your entire yard space and make this an area where you are excited to spend time entertaining or relaxing.
- Add a simple but beautiful water feature to your outdoor space for a calming, inviting oasis. While water features may sound super fancy and expensive, they don’t have to be. You can easily make a small pond with a fountain. Dig a hole, buy a liner, fill with water and then, you can buy a pump to make your own fountain quickly and easily! As long as you have access to electricity to power the pump outside, you will be all set!
- Keep your lawn well maintained for cutting edge grass. This is a simple, but can really transform your yard. No one likes a messy, long yard. Be sure to keep up with regular maintenance. Mow regularly, weed whack the edges and apply fertilizer to help grow strong, healthy, green grass that you can be proud of!
- Include unique decor to give your backyard character and style. There are so many options available such as a bird feeder or bird bath, gorgeous, relaxing wind chimes, sculptures, figures, stepping stone and more. Look around for great ideas that inspire you and make your yard truly your own with your personal style.
These helpful transformation tips will help to truly enhance your backyard without breaking the bank! Be sure to clean and spruce up garden beds with fresh mulch, even out and rest your patio, add a DIY water feature, maintain your lawn, and incorporate unique outdoor decor to add your personal flare. All of these tips will make a positive difference allowing you to transform your backyard into the outdoor living space you’ve always dreamed of having.